Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Canterbury Clothiers and Lunch at Edgar's Bakery [Tuscaloosa, Alabama]

A friend recommended to eat at Edgar's Bakery in Tuscaloosa/Northport, and my boyfriend and I were pleasantly surprised that the price point was great and the quality of food was pretty good too. Dessert choices and taste were awesome.


photo DSC00800cc_zps3ralmpay.jpg

photo DSC00802cc_zpspbomztci.jpg

photo DSC00799cc_zpsogfgvziw.jpg

photo DSC00798cc_zps5msaklga.jpg



photo DSC00806cc_zpstezykbja.jpg


So that's what the store looks like! Very cute and pretty.

I ordered the Pesto Chicken Sandwich which was delicious.

We got desserts after. We felt like getting something "normal" so my boyfriend got a simple slice of yellow cake with icing and I got myself a dense and delicious brownie.

Oh and that's a new gold feather bracelet I got recently from Francesca's for $7 (there was a BOGO50% off)

____________________________

I walked into Canterbury Clothiers boutique nearby in that same plaza and I was pleasantly surprised to find brands like Theory, Rag & Bone, Derek Lam, Elizabeth & James, etc. Keep in mind that Tuscaloosa's shopping scene is severely lacking, especially with me coming from Houston where good shopping and great deals are everywhere.

There was even a nice sale rack of 50-75% off. I found a nice white button down dress by Derek Lam but it had a stain on it and I felt like the $200 sale price is steep for something with a stain. Of course that's why it was on sale in the first place, but still. If it was $100 I'd buy it to be honest. It looked rather original with how the bottom pleats were arranged to make a simple white button down more unique. Basically I wanted to buy the whole store.

Needless to say I will return to this store!

What's amazing is that they had a men's section that was just as big and just as amazing as the women's section. They carried Paige denim jeans for men as well. Many different shoes for men's which is unheard of at a boutique. So many Sports Coats in all patterns and colors were available. This store is incredible.  

________________________________

So that's my day! Today was quite good and now I have a new lunch spot to frequent and a store to check out. Exciting!

See y'all later!

No comments: