Friday, March 27, 2015

Flashback Friday to Diane Von Furstenberg Helen Dress


photo 4 watermark_zps0umt8vew.jpg

photo 2 watermark_zpsj9wbpj5l.jpg

photo 1 watermark_zpsreqg6zv3.jpg


Dress: Diane Von Furstenberg $150 sale
Necklace: borrowed from a friend (I have one myself I got from Etsy for $17)
Heels: Forever21 $20


This was when I was back in Katy, TX at La Centerra to do a photoshoot done by my friend from bycinderella.com . She mainly does maternity and baby photoshoots but can do other ones as well. I appreciate her patience in dealing with how awkward I was during the photoshoot. You can't tell from these photos but I was super awkward. My face was twitching for no good reason and I just don't know how to pose unless someone tells me exactly what to do. 

I got this dress as part of my birthday shopping spree given to me by my boyfriend in 2014. This dress usually runs around $300 but I got it for $150 new. The fit is great and the blue is more striking in person than in the photos. Although I don't have an exact replica of the necklace I borrowed from my friend here in these pictures, you can find similar ones like I did on Etsy for a decent price. For my shoes, I was pleasantly surprised to find these at Forever21 and also being genuine leather soles, just for $20. I should've gotten the nude heels too in the same style. They had my size too but I felt I spent enough money for the day by getting the black version. I so regret not getting the nude ones too now. 

I normally don't get the chance to buy luxury brands like DVF, but thanks to my boyfriend I got my hands on a few items last summer. 

I will see you in my next post!

No comments: